Ways to Stay Safer
The illegal drug supply in B.C. is more toxic and unpredictable than ever. People are losing their loved ones every single day – family, friends, neighbours, co-workers.
Overdose can be prevented. Here are ways to stay safer:
- Buddy up so you’re not alone.
- Start low, go slow.
- Visit a supervised consumption or overdose prevention site and get your drugs checked.
- Carry naloxone. Call 9-1-1 if you or someone needs help.
- Download and use the Lifeguard app (from Apple App Store or Google Play Store). This life-saving app connects you to emergency responders if you become unresponsive.
- Call 8-1-1 to find out how to access harm reduction services and supplies, and treatment and recovery options.
Learn more about the risks and signs of an overdose and how to respond.